Mary-Ann Came is an Adelaide-based strategic communication adviser, writer and editor. She started her career as a journalist and copywriter before moving into public relations. She worked for South Africa’s largest public relations consultancy where she planned and executed national public relations campaigns, reaching diverse target audiences and engaging media across the board.
Mary-Ann went on to head up her own consultancy with clients from the construction, IT, exhibition, hospitality and professional services sectors.
Since 2004, Mary-Ann has called Adelaide home and has provided communication and marketing advice to South Australian government departments, NGOs, universities and research organisations reaching state, national and international audiences. She is also a freelance journalist.
- Bachelor of Journalism and Media Studies, Rhodes University South Africa
- Accreditation in Public Relations, Public Relations Institute of Southern Africa (PRISA)
- Accredited Editor (AE), Institute of Professional Editors, Australia
- Committee member and Chairperson of the Gauteng regional committee of the Public Relations Institute of Southern Africa
- Member and presenter to Editors SA, the South Australian branch of the Institute of Professional Editors (IPEd)
- Building Value as Freelancer – Editors SA, February 2016
- The life of a freelancer: feast or famine? – Editors SA, February 2018